tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: Comet while migrating to Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:43:22 GMT
Op donderdag, 2 december 2010 20:37 schreef Pid <pid@pidster.com>:>

> On 12/2/10 3:28 PM, Ronald Klop wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying Tomcat 7. The Comet classes have been moved from the
> > org.apache.catalina package to the org.apache.catalina.comet package.
> > That is fine by me. But for deployment reasons it would be easy if I can
> > deploy the same war on Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. In that way I don't need a
> > turn-key upgrade of my Tomcat servers.
> >
> > Is there a way to make it dynamic which package is used? Something like
> > a Proxy or some other trick I don't know yet.
>
> This wouldn't require code changes?
>
> > How do others do this?
>
> Recompile, or produce two versions of the app.  :s

Hi,

My problem is not changing the code, but I now have to maintain two versions of the code.
One with import org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor and one with org.apache.catalina.comet.CometProcessor.
And Eclipse has to resolve both of them.

Look. I can now choose to develop against Tomcat 7, but when I have a problem with it in production
in a couple of weeks I would like to have the ability to switch back to Tomcat 6 easily.

Somehow we wil manage this, but I was wondering how other people are doing this migration.
Maybe I'm missing something clever.

In the end I'm expected to switch to ServletRequest.doAsync(), or am I not?

Ronald.