tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot be cast to
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:20:03 GMT

running under W2K3, tomcat 6.0.26 and java 1.6_22 I get after a while:

java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot be cast to

Iterator it = ImageIO.getImageReadersByFormatName("TIF");
r = (TIFFImageReader); //<==BANG

When I restart tomcat, everything is fine again for some hours and the it
happens again until tomcat is restartet.

It seems that somewhat reloads the webapp which uses TIFFImageReader but
that plugin is still somewhere in another classloader which causes this CCE

The problem is: No one explicitly reloads the app. Nothing to be seen in the
logs. The app is the only app on this tomcat.

NO JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener is configured in server.xml.

What can be the problem here?

Thank you

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: