tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <spr...@gmx.eu>
Subject java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader cannot be cast to com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:20:03 GMT
Hi,

running under W2K3, tomcat 6.0.26 and java 1.6_22 I get after a while:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader cannot be cast to
com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader

at:

Iterator it = ImageIO.getImageReadersByFormatName("TIF");
r = (TIFFImageReader)it.next(); //<==BANG

When I restart tomcat, everything is fine again for some hours and the it
happens again until tomcat is restartet.

It seems that somewhat reloads the webapp which uses TIFFImageReader but
that plugin is still somewhere in another classloader which causes this CCE
then.

The problem is: No one explicitly reloads the app. Nothing to be seen in the
logs. The app is the only app on this tomcat.

NO JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener is configured in server.xml.

What can be the problem here?

Thank you