tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <>
Subject Comet while migrating to Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:28:51 GMT

I'm trying Tomcat 7. The Comet classes have been moved from the org.apache.catalina package
to the org.apache.catalina.comet package. That is fine by me. But for deployment reasons it
would be easy if I can deploy the same war on Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. In that way I don't need
a turn-key upgrade of my Tomcat servers.

Is there a way to make it dynamic which package is used? Something like a Proxy or some other
trick I don't know yet.
How do others do this?