tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Surya Mohan <surya2mo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Shared SSL
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:52:44 GMT

Hello,
  I am trying to use a shared SSL to configure the app for multiple clients using Tomcat
5.5.

It works fine for one client and trying to share the same for another client.

SSL : TestServer1.mycomp.com

<Host name="TestServer1.mycomp.com" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
<Context path="/web" docBase="C:/Program Files/App/client1/web" crossContext="false" debug="0"
/>
</Host>

The above works fine, but when I try to add another client,

<Host name="TestServer1.mycomp.com" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
<Context path="/client2/web" docBase="C:/Program Files/App/client2/web" crossContext="false"
debug="0" />
</Host>

I get the error child name cannot be unique.  I am using Tomcat to configure for the first
time. I can understand this is due to the same host name. Since we have only one SSL created
to share, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sur