tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Case <send_lotsa_spam_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: automatic deployment without server.xml - bad request
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:01:20 GMT
> From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>

> JSPs are  only compiled upon first reference, not before.  That results in a
>slight  (usually very slight) pause for the first guy in,
>
> so if you want to pre-compile  them, there is a script available to do so:
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Production%20Configuration

Interesting, thank you. I will look into this.
I would have still expected that in the automatic deployment with the single
context.xml, tomcat still does that. For the first user, with delay, no problem.
But it threw an unlogged error 400 and didn't compile zit, thus my original
problem stays...

Thanks a lot,
JC