tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuria Sánchez Almodóvar <...@gatv.ssr.upm.es>
Subject Re: exception fixing docbase [/axis2]
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:25:12 GMT
Thank you for the response, we have activated the write permissions for
this user and now it works.

BR,

El 22/12/2010 23:50, Pid * escribió:
> On 22 Dec 2010, at 10:39, "Nuria Sánchez Almodóvar"<nsa@gatv.ssr.upm.es>  wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> We are trying to run axis2/Apache on Windows 7.  If we try to launch Tomcat as Administrator
it works fine and the service we have developed is shown as part of the available services
for axis2.
> Apache version?
> Tomcat version?
> etc
>
>> However, if we try the same but with a different user (also with administrator privileges)
we got a SEVERE error 'exception fixing docbase [/axis2]' and a list of exceptions because
for some reason the axis2.war cannot be correctly unpackaged and consequently the corresponding
folder cannot be found, resources cannot be copied, etc. (Attached you can find a screenshot,
sorry it is in Spanish)
> The list strips attachments. Can you post error text online?
>
> Please post your server.xml inline, after removing the XML comments
> and obscuring any passwords.
>
> Does the other user have write permission in the directories in which
> Tomcat is installed?
>

>> We have tried different options without success. We are not sure about how to modify
the initial configuration of Tomcat in order to change the user to run Tomcat or maybe this
is not the problem.
> Are you using the service wrapper or .bat files to start Tomcat?

>> Any help will be more than welcome!
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance for your kindly support.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Nuria
>>
>> --
>>
>> Nuria S�nchez Almod�var
>> nsa@gatv.ssr.upm.es
>>
>> G@TV - Grupo de Aplicaci�n de Telecomunicaciones Visuales
>> Dpto. Se�ales, Sistemas y Radiocomunicaciones (SSR)
>>
>> Telf: +34 91 336 73 44
>>
>> E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicaci�n (UPM)
>> Laboratorio C-300
>> Ciudad Universitaria s/n
>> 28040 - Madrid
>> Espa�a

Nuria Sánchez Almodóvar
nsa@gatv.ssr.upm.es

G@TV - Grupo de Aplicación de Telecomunicaciones Visuales
Dpto. Señales, Sistemas y Radiocomunicaciones (SSR)

Telf: +34 91 336 73 44

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación (UPM)
Laboratorio C-300
Ciudad Universitaria s/n