tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader cannot be cast to com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:40:19 GMT
On 23/12/2010 09:39, spring@gmx.eu wrote:
>> running under W2K3, tomcat 6.0.26 and java 1.6_22 I get after a while:
>>
>> java.lang.ClassCastException:
>> com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader cannot
>> be cast to com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader
>>
>> at:
>>
>> Iterator it = ImageIO.getImageReadersByFormatName("TIF");
>> r = (TIFFImageReader)it.next(); //<==BANG
>
> I solved that problem by moving jai_imageio.jar into JAVA/lib/ext. Moving it
> to TOMCAT/lib did NOT solve the problem.

I think you're referring to an older thread you posted, but I can't find
it in my mail client.

If you're using a Java 6 JDK, isn't the JAI stuff included?  I thought
it was only a separate download for older versions of Java (please
correct me if I'm wrong).

Or is there something different about the download?