tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Problem connecting to tomcat6 service via JConsole on Windows Server 2008
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:35 GMT
Shortly :
If you are local, then you can use the "Local process" option in jconsole.

Otherwise : as far as I remember, the jmx connection really uses 2 ports, not only the one

you obviously connect to. And that second port is random, which is what makes it difficult

to connect through a firewall or so.
Maybe it is that second port that is blocked in your case ?
Have another look with tcpview while you are trying to connect, if you do not see some new

  LISTEN port appear during the connection attempt.

Adib wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem connecting to Tomcat 6 running as a service on Windows
> Server 2008 R2. Here are the details of my setup.
> 32 Bit JDK 1.6._23
> 64 Bit Windows Server 2008 R2
> My jakarta service log shows that I am setting the jvm properties to turn on
> jmx remote access to the JVM
> [2010-12-22 23:22:21] [447  javajni.c] [debug] Jvm Option[6]
> [2010-12-22 23:22:21] [447  javajni.c] [debug] Jvm Option[7]
> [2010-12-22 23:22:21] [447  javajni.c] [debug] Jvm Option[8]
> [2010-12-22 23:22:21] [447  javajni.c] [debug] Jvm Option[9]
> I am running jconsole on the same machine that is running tomcat so I am not
> trying to connect remotely and should
> not have any problems with ports I even turned off the windows firewall on
> the machine to make sure it was not getting
> in the way
> systernals tcpview shows that tomact6.exe is listening on port 8999
> I am running tomact6 service as the user pmtomact
> I am running jconsole as the user Administrator
> on the jconsole I tried localhost:8999 and it tries to connect for a while
> then reports that it can can not connect.
> I tried running tomcat as user administrator just starting from the
> startup.bat with the proper jmx paramters and it does not work either.
> I tried running jconsole as pmtomcat user still no luck connecting
> I tried creating a directory under
> C:\Users\pmtomcat\AppData\Local\Temp\hsperfdata_pmtomcat and checked that
> the directory was writable by the pmtomcat user still it does not work.
> Any ideas of how I can troubleshoot this problem, it is driving me crazy?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message