tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem connecting to tomcat6 service via JConsole on Windows Server 2008
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:35 GMT
Shortly :
If you are local, then you can use the "Local process" option in jconsole.

Otherwise : as far as I remember, the jmx connection really uses 2 ports, not only the one

you obviously connect to. And that second port is random, which is what makes it difficult

to connect through a firewall or so.
Maybe it is that second port that is blocked in your case ?
Have another look with tcpview while you are trying to connect, if you do not see some new

  LISTEN port appear during the connection attempt.