tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Petr Prochazka <pprocha...@gk-software.com>
Subject Re: Different context path of deployed application
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:16:25 GMT
Cool,
I created context config file attendance.xml
<Context docBase="d:/java/apache-tomcat/wars/attendance-0.4.war"/>
and after application was deployed to right context path

Thanks very much

Petr P.

On 17.12.2010 17:13, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Petr Prochazka [mailto:pprochazka@gk-software.com]
>> Subject: Different context path of deployed application
>> I prepared war attendance-0.4.war and I want that will
>> be access in context path /attendance.  I create context
>> config file attendance-0.4.xml and copy to
>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost directory
> If you want the context path to be "attendance" then the file containing the <Context>
element must be named "attendance.xml".

>> <Context path="/attendance" />
> The path attribute is not allowed.
>
> In order to avoid double-deployment, you must place the .war file somewhere other than
the <Host> appBase directory, and use a docBase attribute in your <Context> element
to tell Tomcat where it is.