tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Webapp undeploy failure
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:39:21 GMT
On 20/12/2010 17:13, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Tried to do a bit of reading on this but the results have not come up. I am using version
6.0.26 on windows XP and all I am trying to do is undeploy (and delete from tomcat webapp
folder) one webapp which is deployed every time I start my tomcat instance.

> Having started my instance I use the following http://localhost:8080/manager/undeploy?path=C:/path/to/webapp,
however I got the following error

> FAIL - Context /wombra is defined in server.xml and may not be undeployed
>
> Looking at server.xml I find that 'wombra' is the only webapp specified (I had 2 other
apps running, one of which has now been successfully undeployed). In this case this particular
webapp was built using Tapestry, is this possibly something to do with why I am getting the
undeployment failure?

Don't define your app in server.xml.

> Thank you
>
> Lewis
>

> Glasgow Caledonian University is a registered Scottish charity, number SC021474
>
> Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and
Herald Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009