tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat stops responding
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:00:47 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> K J.Sreekumar wrote:
>> Hello Andre,
>>
>> Thank you for your attention to this query.
>>
>> The these entries in the netstat shows tomcat running. (These were
>> missing
>> in the original message and were appended in a subsequent mail.)
>>
>> TCP    0.0.0.0:8009           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       5356
>>
>>   [tomcat6.exe]
>>

> It looks like you are not using the above port. So you could comment out
> the following in your server.xml :
>
>     <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
>
> It will not solve your problem, but it will simplify what we're looking at.
>

>>   TCP    0.0.0.0:8080           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
>> 5356
>>
>>   [tomcat6.exe]
>>

> Apart from the above and the other ports in LISTEN state, when "tomcat
> freezes", do you have any other ports in the netstat listing, shown as
> "CLOSE_WAIT" for example ?
> If yes, how many ?

..
Let me also suggest something else.

Let's suppose that your Tomcat is installed in the directory C:\Tomcat6, and let's call
this directory "CATALINA_BASE" for now.

Under that directory, there is a directory "/webapps/", and undet that one there is
(apparently) a directory "/rel/" with your current application.
In the directory /webapps/, at the same level as the directory /rel/, create a new
directory "/freeze/", and in that directory place a html file "freeze.html".
It does not matter what the content of that html file is, just make it recognisable.

Next, in your Apache configuration, add the following lines :

ProxyPass /freeze/ http://localhost:8080/freeze/
ProxyPassReverse /freeze/ http://localhost:8080/freeze/

and restart Tomcat and Apache httpd.

Then, the next time Tomcat appears to freeze, try with a browser to access the "freeze"
page, as :
http://(hostname)/freeze/freeze.html
and as
http://(hostname):8080/freeze/freeze.html