tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat stops responding
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:29:06 GMT
K J.Sreekumar wrote:
> We have done the tests you had mentioned.
> here are our answers to your questions (i'm adding my name before my
> comments so that its easier to identity who said what if this conversation
> builds up further)-
>
> *1.* What do you mean by : Browsers are unable to find application URLs
> (which were previously processed normally).What error do you get in the
> browser ? (Preferably, use a browser other than IE, or if you do use IE,
> then in the options disable the "friendly error messages")
> *
> ** Sreekumar.* Using Firefox 3.6x we get the following error
> The connection was reset
> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
> Additionally, the firebug net panel displays "Status - Aborted"
>
> *2*. When the problem happens again : does the host still respond to "ping"?
> *
> **Sreekumar.* Yes, the host responds to ping. Additionally we have an Apache
> server running and that continues to work normal. Other applications like
> RDP and FTP are also NOT impacted.
>
> *3.* On the server, in a command window, do : netstat -p tcp -anb
>  and paste the complete result here
> *
> ** Sreekumar.* NETSTAT was output as follows
>
> Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
>   TCP    0.0.0.0:21             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       1652
>   [inetinfo.exe]
>
>   TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       1336
>   [httpd.exe]

It looks like the only thing listening to a HTTP port is the above, which looks like
Apache httpd, not Tomcat.  And I do not see any of the usual Tomcat ports there.
Are you sure that Tomcat really runs on the same host ?

Are you using Apache httpd as a front-end to Tomcat ?
And if yes, with which connector ?

In your Apache configuration files, do you have any
- "proxy*" statements ?
- JkMount .. statements ?

If yes, post them here.

In your Tomcat main configuration file ((tomcat_dir)/conf/server.xml), what <Connector
..>
tags (uncommented) are there ?  Can you also post them here ?