tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question regarding class loading
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:07:48 GMT
On 17/12/2010 08:35, Rishi Saraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two webapp in one tomcat(version 6.0) server instance as in application A and
application B. On server startup server load first classes of A and then B. My requirement
is first load B and then A. How can is change the sequence of class loading of two application
in same webapp folder?

Generally this is a bad idea. Web applications are meant to be
independent. That said, you can take advantage of the order in which
Tomcat starts applications.

The order is:
server.xml
CATALINA_BASE/<engine>/<host>/*.xml
CATALINA_BASE/webapps/*.war
CATALINA_BASE/webapps/ directories

The simplest solution would be to deploy B as a WAR file and A as an
exploded directory.

Mark