tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:51:28 GMT
On 15/12/2010 13:44, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Chinmoy Chakraborty [mailto:cchinu@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?
>
>> Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat? I noticed I can rename from
>> 'abc.jsp.out' to 'abc.jsp' but it does not allow renaming from 'abc.jsp' to
>> 'abc.jsp.out' after I access the jsp.
>
> It's not entirely clear what your goal is here.  I can only surmise that you want to
disable use of a JSP that's already been accessed once; if that is indeed the case, you will
have to replace it with a newer one of the same name that essentially does nothing.

Why? Just deleting the JSP file works for me. (There was a long standing
bug in this area but it is fixed in 7.0.x and 6.0.x).

Mark