tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Where does my stderr go?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:56:34 GMT
Thomas Kloeber wrote:
> Folks'es,
> I have a strange problem with my Tomcat-Servlets:
>    everything my servlets print out via System.err is lost and does not
>    show up in any of the log files.
>    How can that be and what can I do about it?
> When I start Tomcat all the usual log files arecreated like
> stdout_XXXXXXXX.log, localhost_access_log, catalina.*.log,
> stder_XXXXXXXX.log, etc. However, stderr.*.log remains empty even if my
> servlets print stuff to System.err or dump stack traces. Only if I print
> to System.out the info appears in stdout_.*.log.
> I'm using Apache Tomcat 6.0.26, Java 1.6.0_22-b04 on Windows 2003 x86.
Presumably, you are running Tomcat as a Windows Service.
If that is the case, navigate to the tomcat/bin directory, and double-click on the
tomcat6w.exe program.  Then in the dialog, select the "Logging" tab.  This may explain
what happens.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message