tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kloeber <kloe...@ics.de>
Subject Where does my stderr go?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:00:15 GMT
Folks'es,

I have a strange problem with my Tomcat-Servlets:

    everything my servlets print out via System.err is lost and does not
    show up in any of the log files.
    How can that be and what can I do about it?

When I start Tomcat all the usual log files arecreated like
stdout_XXXXXXXX.log, localhost_access_log, catalina.*.log,
stder_XXXXXXXX.log, etc. However, stderr.*.log remains empty even if my
servlets print stuff to System.err or dump stack traces. Only if I print
to System.out the info appears in stdout_.*.log.

I'm using Apache Tomcat 6.0.26, Java 1.6.0_22-b04 on Windows 2003 x86.

Thomas

--
Intelligent Communication Software Vertriebs GmbH
Firmensitz: Kistlerhof Str. 111, 81379 München