tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat dying on its own
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:02:05 GMT
I'm late to the party. But how about trying the following ...

1) Add a filter which runs first and logs the request. This WILL have a
performance impact - but a non-running application is a tad bit slower
than writing each request to disk. With luck - this may call out a class
of (or single) urls which can then be examined to see if you can
reproduce the app death.

2) Run all the code in the webapp through a decompiler and look for
System.exit() - then for all the spots where System.exit exists - then
see if that piece of code might be called. [warning: Depending on who
wrote the code, or the libraries used - this may violate some licenses.]

-Tim