tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: enforcing SSL only for external clients
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:27:08 GMT
Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> My tomcat application (running on a linux host) has 2 types of clients.
> Local clients coming on localhost (127.0.0.1)

that sounds strange, unless the clients are really programs running on the same machine as

the server.

  and external clients
> coming on external interfaces. I want to enforce use of SSL only for
> external clients. How do I do that? If I use <security-constraint> I am
> assuming it will apply to both local as well as external clients.

I think you need to describe your network setup a bit more in detail.
For example, is this machine connected directly to the Internet with an interface having a

"public" IP address, or is there something in-between ?
Draw us a picture maybe ?