tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Setting listings=true on a per context basis
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:55:57 GMT
Fergus McMenemie wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:37:33 +0100, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>> Fergus McMenemie wrote:
>>> Thanks for the response. Other than reading the 300 page servlet
>>> spec is there a quicker way to accomplish what I want.
>>>
>>> Further, are you saying that use of catalina/localhost/vendoraDocs.xml
>>> is a tomcat only solution.
>>>
>>> How do I best standup a set of vendor supplied HTML docs and
>>> files for browsing through tomcat. It is not worth setting up
>>> IIS for, as we already using tomcat for other purposes.
>>>
>> What is the platform (O.S.) ?
> Windows server 2008 64bit
>> What is the intended Tomcat version ?
> 5.5.27
>> Is it already installed ?
> Yep and running
>
>> If yes, what was the origin of the installed Tomcat package ?
> Autonomy

Sorry, maybe my question was confusing.
I meant, where did your Tomcat come from ?
Did it come together with this "Autonomy" application package ?

Assuming that Tomcat itself would be installed in a directory such as "C:\Tomcat", under
that directory you should find a sub-directory named "conf", in which you will find a file

named "server.xml".
Can you paste the content of that file here, after removing the comments and sensitive
information such as passwords ?

That would give us a basic idea of where things are, on your system.

Next question : would you be comfortable with accessing that documentation via a URL such

as "http://yourhost.yourdomain.com/docs" ?
(or if not, tell us how you would like it to be)