tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Step by Step Guide – Install Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:35:34 GMT
Hi Gabriel,

> These Step by Step Guides covers the installation of Apache Tomcat Connector
> Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server.

The name you chose for your product is confusing. IANAL, but I also
think it is against the Apache License. Please read guidelines [1],
section "What is the 'confusing similarity' or 'likelihood of confusion'
test?"

I think that proper naming would be: *FooBarSomething* Connector for
Apache Tomcat, but I recommend checking that on appropriate place [2].
Note that 'Jakarta' is a Top Level Project on ASF and it used to be
umbrella project for Tomcat - which brings even more to the confusion.

-Ognjen

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/