tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick question on version number
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 13:38:33 GMT
On 07/12/2010 13:29, Norman Wills wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I was taking a look at a Tomcat 5.0.30 server for a client and checked out the
> security pages at tomcat.apache.org for updates and such. I had a quick question
> about the '.SVN' portion of the label "Fixed in Apache Tomcat 5.5.25, 5.0.SVN"
> on the security pages for 5.x.
>
> What  is meant by "5.0.SVN" aside from something related to SVN repos?

It means it has been fixed in the SVN repo for that release branch.

> Are there fixes in SVN which aren't part of a release?
Yes, where the fixed version is 5.0.SVN

> Also, does the  version change on the error pages if this is the case?
Yes. If there is another 5.0.x release (there won't be by the way) then
it would change.

Also note:
"Vulnerabilities fixed in Tomcat 5.5.26 onwards have not been assessed
to determine if they are present in the 5.0.x branch."

Mark