tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: automatic deployment without server.xml - bad request
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 19:44:06 GMT
On 12/2/10 12:34 PM, Justin Case wrote:
>> From: Pid <pid@pidster.com>
>> If the request isn't being routed to your application,  then without a
>> ROOT application the host hasn't got a mechanism to serve any  response
>> other than an error.
>
> Error is fine, as long it's a 404 (and not this enigmatic 400)...

400 isn't enigmatic and /is/ an error.  ;)

You can either implement a custom ErrorValve in your host, or provide a
ROOT application.  Any request to your server that doesn't match the
path of a deployed application gets directed to ROOT.  Which you don't have.

I'd suggest you make a simple empty ROOT app.  Tomcat will then serve
404s for missing URLs.  You could also customise the 404 response page
to suit.