tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 回复: How to run tomcat 5.5.9 as a service in 64-bit OS?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:17:30 GMT
shunhao chen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>     Many thanks for your reply. Upgrading seems is a good choice, but my app was
> running since 2005, it is stable and I have not plan to upgrade tomcat. As we
> known, we usually use the tomcat.exe to install tomcat service as a window
> service.So, if I choose to upgrade the service wrapper using commons-daemon,  is
> it means I need to re-generate the tomcate.exe? Any instructions?

tomcat5.exe (or tomcat6.exe) *is* the service wrapper.
It is just renamed to tomcat5.exe or tomcat6.exe.

So you do not have to regenerate anything, you already have it.

Tomcat is a Java application.
It is run by the Java JVM.
In the Windows Service environment, the Java JVM is started by the wrapper (tomcatX.exe),

according to parameters preset in the Registry.
The wrapper tomcatX.exe is an executable Windows program, therefor it must match the type

of machine (32-bit or 64-bit).