tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: How to run tomcat 5.5.9 as a service in 64-bit OS?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 08:55:28 GMT
On 01/12/2010 08:40, shunhao chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I have a web app using tomcat 5.5.9 as app server. All works well in 32-bit
> OS. But now I have to support this app running on 64-bit OS. So I change the JDK
> to use a 64-bit version(jdk1.5.0_22). All works well, but when I run tomcat as a
> service, it fails.
>     Can anybody help?

5.5.9 is very old and has a number of known security vulnerabilities.
You should consider upgrading.

The architecture of the service wrapper must match the architecture of
the JVM so you'll need the 64-bit service wrapper. You can get that from
the latest commons-daemon download.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message