tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shantanu Pavgi <pa...@uab.edu>
Subject Re: http-tomcat - AJP ilink receive failed - 500/503 errors
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:45:11 GMT

Sorry for the late reply. But it might help someone having similar issue.

There was a firewall between two systems (distinct from CentOS iptables), which dropped (idle)
connections after some time. Not sure about exact firewall config here. The Apache web server
would throw an 500/503 error when it tried to reuse an open connection which firewall had
already closed.  The issue was resolved by using disablereuse parameter in ProxyPass directive.
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Shantanu Pavgi.