tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to automatically undeploy a context
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:57:10 GMT
Alexandre FILLATRE schrieb am 19.12.2010 um 12:13 (+0100):

> The thing is that I'd be able to deploy some code whenever I want (in
> order to cleanup my database, clear the caches, etc)

Have you considered using cronjobs, or a context listener? The system
you want to run a job against might also have its own job running
facility, e.g. MSSQL or Oracle do.

> and be sure this webapp will not be reloaded next time I restart the
> server. I could undeploy it manually, but I'd like it to be automatic.
> So I deploy the webapp, it does the job, then undeploy itself.

I don't know if this is possible, but to me, it looks like a misuse of
the application server as a one-shot job runner.

--
Michael Ludwig