tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat stops responding
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:05:25 GMT
K J.Sreekumar schrieb am 17.12.2010 um 18:22 (+0530):

>    1. Our tomcat 6 server (version 6.0.29) does not respond
>    after working for a couple of days. Browsers are unable
>    to find application URLs (which were previously processed
>    normally).

What does this mean? They're getting 404? Or any response at
all? By Tomcat? Or some inbetween server? Can they access
other services on the machine? Can you access Tomcat locally,
i.e. from the same machine Tomcat is running on?

>    5. TOMCAT restart does not fix the problem. The machine
>    needs to be restarted to resume normal operation.

Might be a problem with the machine or the network, after all,
not with Tomcat.

--
Michael Ludwig