tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Randall" <ran...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Can tomcat detect disconnection by client side in Async mode?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 00:30:20 GMT
Just to clarify, I'm not trying to imply that ClientAbortException wouldn't be generated for
Async mode in some way but simply that I've only tested TCP RST behaviour in non-Async mode.

Sent from my BlackBerry device

-----Original Message-----
From: "Justin Randall" <randju@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 00:16:01
To: Tomcat Users List<users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Can tomcat detect disconnection by client side in Async mode?

Hello,

Without knowing the application and going on standard sockets, I know from experience without
using Async mode that Tomcat does generate a ClientAbortException when a TCP RST is received
from a client when Tomcat is writing the HTTP response to the client.

The client was a CPE which downloaded firmware/config via HTTP and sent a TCP RST after the
first chunk of data if the version on the server and in the CPE were identical.  Not sure
if this is relevant and what the behaviour of your client would be for "disconnecting" from
the server (assuming it's not a web browser).

Regards,

Justin Randall
Sent from my BlackBerry device