tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Encoding Issue on POST
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 05:35:57 GMT
The followings are what I have done for a project in regarding of encoding.

* <%@page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> on the first
line of JSP files
* <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
* Set URIEncoding="UTF-8" on your <Connector> in server.xml
* An encoding filter for utf-8.
While the form GET method works correctly for encoding, the form POST doesn't. I need the
following codes to get the right encoding for data coming from a form POST method:

			tmp = new String(str.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "UTF-8");
		}catch(Exception ex){}

Can anyone tell me what possible is wrong?

The project is built with Spring and there are other two filters in addition of the encoding

Thanks and happy new year.

- v

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: