tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: JSP Precompilation and Servlet 3.0
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:29:39 GMT

 On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:13:50 -0400, Christopher Schultz
 <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> The precompiler could translate and compile all of the classes and
> package them into a .jar file for you. Great. What about servlet
> mappings? Well, we have two options:
>
> 1. Use annotations in the translated .java files
> 2. Generate a web.xml fragment and stuff it into
>    my-jsps.jar/WEB-INF/web-fragment.xml
>
> Does anyone have any preferences? I suppose it could be an option to
> the
> precompiler, or we could even do both (do duplicate mappings
> conflict?).
>
> Hopefully, this will make JSP precompilation less onerous for users.

 Personally I do not like JSP precompiling.

 1. I do not put into JSP anything that user should not see.
 2. Cost of compilation with first request is acceptable.
 3. Possibility to change produced markup either by me or customer is
 priceless.

--
 Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>