tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Riggs <apache-li...@riggs.me>
Subject Re: Connector Setting Problem in tomcat 6.0.29
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 18:17:33 GMT
On Nov 6, 2010, at 12:50 AM, rujin raj wrote:

> Now my server.xml file is like this.As you told i added
> executor="tomcatThreradPool" as follows
>
> <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
>     maxThreads="1000" minSpareThreads="150"/>
>
> <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>      connectionTimeout="20000"
>      executor="tomcatThreadPool"
>      maxThreads="1000"
>      enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>       redirectPort="8443" />
> Still the minSpareThreads is not taken into account.

I believe (if I heard it correctly), either Mark T. or Tim F. explained at ApacheCon this
week that the minimum is not immediate.  It needs to build up to that level.  So, when you
start Tomcat, you won't immediately fire up 150 threads for the executor pool, but once >=
150 threads are created in the process of serving requests, it will always keep a minimum
of 150 for you.