tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Colpaert, Robert" <robert.colpa...@logica.com>
Subject HTTP request and responses mixed up
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:45:50 GMT
Hi all,

 

We are currently experiencing an issue on our system where user A gets
the HTTP response intended for user B. In fact, user A and user B are
two completely different users that are logged on to our system. User A
and User B both a send a different request and then BOTH users get the
same response. This problem occurs sporadically and so far we have not
been to reproduce it.

 

Our setup is as follows:

We have a server that runs apache and acts as a reverse proxy to the
second apache on another server. Both these servers run Apache 2.2.9.
The apache on the second server includes the mod_jk module and this
server also runs a tomcat which routes the requests to our backend java
application.

 

Detail specification of the problem scenario:

In the web GUI, user A requests a list of customers and user B requests
a list of the current orders (these requests are be handled in different
servlets). User A receives the correct list of its customers, however
User B gets the same HTTP response!

 

We traced both requests through the entire chain of
apache/apache/tomcat/backend etc. and we see both requests (User A and
User B) in the logging of our first and second apache. These requests
are for completely different servlets, this rules out any coding
problems inside the servlet. The reason why we can correlate the HTTP
response of User A with the HTTP response User B receives, is the size
of the HTTP response in the apache logging.

 

We have looked through the change log of tomcat/apache and we have
searched many forums to see if others have encountered this issue.
Unfortunately, we have found very little information. It is also very
difficult to reproduce this situation, since it occurs randomly and we
have only seen it happen 3 times in about 2 months time.

 

System specification:

OS: Solaris 10

Apache: 2.2.9

Tomcat: 6.0.16.0

Tomcat_jvm: 1.6.0_07-b06

mod_jk: 1.2.26

java: 1.6.07

The versions of apache/tomcat etc. have not been updated for quite some
time (more than a year at least).

 

If anyone could shed some light on this issue or has experienced it
themselves: any information would be greatly appreciated.

 

Regards,

 

Robert Colpaert 



Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer
comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken
Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por
favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.



This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It
may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not
an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies
and inform the sender. Thank you.


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message