tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Uria" <mar...@betteradvertising.com>
Subject Backend Cookie Validation
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:30:08 GMT
Hi all,

A little stumped on how to accomplish this:

I am trying to have a cookie validated in Tomcat against a mysql entry, if it validates it
should proceed to the requested resource, and if not, it should redirect to a different page
(which writes the cookie on successful login).  The idea is to have tomcat somehow capture
the http request, check for the cookie presence, capture the cookie contents and compare them
against the db (I already have this), and proceed with the request if everything checks out,
or redirect to a login page (which is outside of the tomcat app, I think it is running on
rails).

Any ideas on how to do this?  Much appreciated!