tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Janner" <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject Is there a GOOD AJP-based cluster reference?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:56:20 GMT
I've googled and not found anything very helpful, particularly nothing
recent.

I am trying to set up AJP load balancing using Apache 2.2.17 to Tomcat
6.0.29.

I'd like to route root to the Tomcat named context (not root).  From the
docs I've read so far, I should be able to, but all the references in
the returned html have the context name stuck at the beginning of the
path, and I can't seem to get it to go away.

I know I can just rename the context as ROOT, but I thought I'd try
deploying it the way the dev team gives it to me.

I've tried:

     ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/context

    <Proxy balancer=//mycluster>

         BalancerMember ajp://hostname:8009

    </Proxy>

and

     ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster

    <Proxy balancer=//mycluster>

         BalancerMember ajp://hostname:8009/context

    </Proxy>

Nothing seems to be working.  Obviously, I'm not clear on some concept.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

p.s. Don't send me to the Tomcat & Apache docs, I've read them.

Jeffrey W. Janner            e-mail: Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com
<mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com>
PolyDyne Software Inc.          web: http://www.polydyne.com/
<http://www.polydyne.com/>
9390 Research Blvd.           phone: (512) 343-9100 x8930
Building 1, Suite 400           fax: (512) 343-9297
Austin, TX 78759

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.