tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aggarwal, Ajay" <Ajay.Aggar...@stratus.com>
Subject how to keep session alive on the server side
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:58:33 GMT
I have a situation where client enters a long duration request and I
need to keep the session alive for the client while this long duration
request is going on.  Since this long duration request could be hours, I
do not want to change the default HTTP session timeout value. I also do
not want to put the burden on the client to keep his session alive in
the background (by making dummy requests).

I want to be able to handle it inside tomcat, if possible. Is there a
way to manipulate the lastAccessTime on the session object?

-Ajay