tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dB. <dbl...@dblock.org>
Subject Tomcat 5.5: how doesone configure an authenticator valve?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:49:33 GMT
I am trying to help someone with a Tomcat 5.5 implementation of waffle (waffle.codeplex.com).
It has authenticator valve that works well with tc6.
I declare a valve inside the web app:

Context.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context>
  <Valve className="waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticator" principalFormat="fqn" roleFormat="both"
/>
  <Realm className="waffle.apache.WindowsRealm" />
</Context>

Web.xml

  <security-constraint>
    <display-name>Waffle Security Constraint</display-name>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
      <http-method>POST</http-method>
      <http-method>PUT</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>Everyone</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <security-role>
    <role-name>Everyone</role-name>
  </security-role>

I didn't modify anything in Tomcat's conf, but placed the JARs in the right place(s).

The Valve starts, but any request to the protected area doesn't invoke it. I get a 401 Access
Denied, but no headers added by the valve.

Any suggestions? Is this supposed to work with tc5.5 at all?

Thx
dB.
dB. @ dblock.org<http://www.dblock.org/>
Moscow|Geneva|Seattle|New York