tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ari King <ari.brandeis.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Secondary instance of Tomcat on single server does not process requests
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:56:00 GMT
Hi all,

My secondary instance of Tomcat 6 does not process requests -- it simply
times out for everything. The only log is catalina.out and there are not
errors in it. Anyone know what could be wrong? I'm using Tomcat 6, Java
1.6.0_20, on Centos 5.5 Final.

I've set the secondary instance to use port 8081 for http and 8010 for AJP,
both have redirect ports of 8444.

Below is the directory structure of the secondary instance:

/data/tomcat2
|-- bin
     |-- setenv.sh
     |-- catalina.sh
|-- conf
     |-- server.xml
     |-- web.xml
|-- logs
|-- temp
|-- webapps
    |-- ROOT
    |-- manager
    |-- host-manager
|-- work

Following is the startup/shutdown/restart script I'm using:

#!/bin/sh

if [ "$CATALINA_BASE" = "" ]; then
        export CATALINA_BASE=/data/tomcat2
fi