tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New jsvc (commons-daemon-native); catalina.out is owned by root - WTF?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:42:32 GMT
2010/11/30 Gregor Schneider <rc46fi@googlemail.com>:

> Well, in the old version, there was the archive "tomcat-native.tar.gz"
> containing the sources for the native wrapper.

The above one is tomcat-native, aka Tomcat-Apr,
a library that provides code for Http11AprProtocol and AjpAprProtocol
connectors.

http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/

> Now, with Tomcat 5.5.31, there's a new archive
> "commons-daemon-native.tar.gz", which also contains the native wrapper
> sources - however, the old one is also coming with the
> 5.5.31-distribution.

This one is commons-daemon, which gives you jsvc.

http://commons.apache.org/daemon/jsvc.html

> Any hints very much appreciated!

I do not really know what caused the issue that you are observing. You
may look at the commons-daemon sources, changelog and ask/search on
their mailing list

(I do not see a changelog in their docs. Here is a JIRA link:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:changelog-panel

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko