tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Will Sumekar <will.sume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web.xml cant load because of <listener>
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:06:58 GMT
AFAIK if you dont specify contextConfigLocation system looks for default
filename applicationContext.xml at default location of ./WEB-INF/. But it
doesnt  matter cos even if I put context-param the error still comes.

So far it looks like the error is caused by <listener>. Once I remove it,
it's OK. Which is really, really strange.

You can set tomcat to use log4j by putting log4j jar in /common/lib and
log4j.properties in /common/classes. In case you want to try, also put
commons logging jar in lib dir.

Cheers
Will