tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5: how doesone configure an authenticator valve?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:38:54 GMT
2010/11/2 dB. <dblock@dblock.org>:
> I am trying to help someone with a Tomcat 5.5 implementation of waffle (waffle.codeplex.com).
It has authenticator valve that works well with tc6.
> I declare a valve inside the web app:
>
> Context.xml
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <Context>
>  <Valve className="waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticator" principalFormat="fqn" roleFormat="both"
/>
>  <Realm className="waffle.apache.WindowsRealm" />
> </Context>

Note, that META-INF/context.xml  (case matters!) is copied to
$CATALINA_BASE\conf\Catalina\localhost\<yourapp>.xml  when the
webappication starts for the first time.  You can have a stale copy
there.

I would suggest you to enable more detailed logging.

Something like adding the following line to conf/logging.properties:
waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticator.level=FINE

BTW, the waffle docs say "waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticator", but
in the source code it is "waffle.tomcat.NegotiateAuthenticator", i.e.
a different package

http://waffle.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/52761#1097376

Are there any interesting messages in the log filess already?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko