tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: After manager says that there was a leak, how to use a profiler?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:26:35 GMT
> From: Brian [mailto:bbprefix-mail@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: After manager says that there was a leak, how to use a profiler?

> All my JARs are in the shared directory that Tomcat has.
> Is that a problem?

Yes, that's a problem.  You very likely have some references in the shared classes that point
to objects of one webapp or the other - and that will prevent their every being garbage collected.

Put the jars where they belong - in each webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.  Disk is cheap, instability
isn't.

 - Chuck