tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: HTTP request and responses mixed up
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:05:57 GMT
> From: Colpaert, Robert [mailto:robert.colpaert@logica.com]
> Subject: HTTP request and responses mixed up

> We are currently experiencing an issue on our system where
> user A gets the HTTP response intended for user B.

In every instance reported of this happening, it has almost always been a programming error
in the webapp(s), often storing the request reference in a static variable that shouldn't
be (or an instance variable of some singleton).  Look for anything in common across the two
requests, such as filters, libraries, loggers, beans, etc.

Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to insure there's not some latent bug in one of the
packages you're using.  Your Tomcat is over 2.5 years old, mod_jk is nearly 3 years old, httpd
is over 2 years old, and the Oracle site is so messed up that I can't find the age of the
JVM - but it's old.

 - Chuck