tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Piwoni, Andre" <Andre.Piw...@PacifiCorp.com>
Subject Mod_JK does not set chunk size for response with chunked transfer encoding
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:29:27 GMT
It does seem that Mod_JK does not handle correctly the case when Transfer-Encoding header is
set to chunked on HTTP response returned from Tomcat via AJP. Transfer-Encoding is set on
HttpServletResponse and no Content-Length header is set. In this scenario  Mod_JK returns
response to client with Transfer-Encoding set to chunked, but it fails to set chunk-size before
the body. When the same response is returned with no Transfer-Encoding and no Content-Length
set, Mod_JK correctly sets Transfer-Enncoding to chunked and sets the chunk size.

Now, Transfer-Encoding is a hop-to-hop header and does not have to be set on the response
from Mod_JK to client, but when it is I would expect Mod_JK set the chunk size. This seems
to me like a bug. Mod_Proxy has no such issue.

Here's my setup:

Server   Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_jk/1.2.27

Apache Tomcat 5.5.30 using AJP/1.3.

Andre Piwoni