tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat website unreachable on the internet
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:29:58 GMT
Nathaniel Thalluri wrote:
> Hi,
>  I deployed a public website to Tomcat 7, Windows 2008 server with the
> following server.xml.
>
>  <Service name="Catalina">
>     <Connector port="8443"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" SSLEnabled="true"
>                maxThreads="200" scheme="https" secure="true" debug="0"
>              keystoreFile="keystore" keystorePass="kspwd"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" address="ipaddress"/>
>
>     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="portal.company.com">
>
>       <Host name="portal.company.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>         <Context path="/app" docBase="app" reloadable="true"
> crossContext="true"/>
>         <Alias>portal.company.com</Alias>
>         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
> directory="logs"
>                prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
>                pattern="%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b" resolveHosts="true"/>
>       </Host>
>
>     </Engine>
>   </Service>
>
> The website is however unreachable on the internet. When the url is
> accessed, a page cannot be displayed error is shown.
>
> The windows hosts file has the following entry:
> ipaddress           portal.company.com
>
>  Am I missing something?

Yes.
How are the computers/workstations on the Internet supposed to read your Windows hosts
file, to know the IP address ?
For that matter, how is that Windows server connected to the Internet ?

Also (but this is much less important for now), this line :

 >         <Alias>portal.company.com</Alias>

is really not necessary, since your <Host> already has that name.