tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Several hosts within one tomcat / catch-all problem
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:38:51 GMT
Steffen Heil wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Perhaps I don't understand, but I agree with Pid's suggestion: just use
>> defaultHost -- that's what it's for, right?
>
> Yes, if you have only one.
>
> However we have the following setup:
>
> App1: domain1.tld, www.domain1.tld
> App2: domain2.tld, www.domain2.tld, additional.domain2.tld
> App3: domain3.tld, www.domain3.tld, another.domain3.tld
>
> Now, defaultHost resolves the issue for ONE of these.
> But what we really need id:
>
> App1: domain1.tld, *.domain1.tld
> App2: domain2.tld, *.domain2.tld
> App3: domain3.tld, *.domain3.tld
>
> This cannot be done with defaultHost, can it?

You are right, it cannot.

But even if this is an outside opinion by a non-Java non-Tomcat expert, it should not be
too difficult to find the code which matches hostnames and aliases with the request Host:

header, and change it from an exact to a regexp match, no ?
Or introduce a new <AliasMatch> tag ? (that may be more ambitious, but maybe more elegant)