tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Spam
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:51:06 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Brian [mailto:bbprefix-mail@yahoo.com]
>> Subject: Spam
>
>> Since I enrolled in this list, I started to receive spam.
>
> If you've never gotten spam before, you must be nearly unique.
>
> Since the mailing list messages are archived in numerous public locations, it's pretty
much impossible to prevent the unscrupulous from harvesting members' e-mail addresses.

>> Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> Use a junk mail filter, either one provided by your ISP, or in your e-mail client.

Alternatively, you can let them come in and read them before you discard them.
Many are funny, my general preference being for the ones (purportedly) coming from Africa.
For the other boring ones, it is easy to filter them out.