tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: WEB Application need to upload a txt / csv file with 100K records
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:50:17 GMT
Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
> SPEC :
> JDK1.5
> O/s  Linux - Unix
> DB Oracle 10gAS + PLSQL
> Logged Session Time
> An module of our WEB Application need to upload a  txt / csv  file with  100K records.
> These Records are to be validated with certain checks in the Business layer..Before the
pumped to a PLSQL of Oracle DB
> The process has to further Waite for the response of Errors from PLSQL and has to be
displayed on the JSP Screen.
> Question  :  I fear the  Login session time out may NOT commit the Process for 100K records.
> Can some body suggest me a better way of handling the same successfully .....:(
I don't know about the "login session timeout" (or even if it is relevant in this case),
but if the browser has to wait more than 3-4 minutes for a server response, the browser
will time out on the connection and declare the server dead.
You may want to consider that part first.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message