tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Request count increases drastically in tomcat 6.0.29
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:11:28 GMT
Rujin,

as it is phrased, your message is not very clear.
It is probably a question of language or terminology.
I don't know how LambdaProbe displays the information, but

- a "request" is what the browser sends to Tomcat (like "GET /index.jsp")
- when Tomcat receives the request, it selects an idle thread to process the request
- while processing the request, the thread is no longer idle, it is working
- the thread produces the response and sends it back to the client
- then the thread becomes idle again, ready to process another request

So, an "idle request" seems to be a contradiction in terms.
Please explain better what you mean.

And the list strips attachments, so sending screenshots does not help.