tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Going down Frequently
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:25:46 GMT
Amol Puglia wrote:
> Hello Andre,
>
> Thanks for the updates. I am not using mod_jk , I am using proxy modules for redirecting
request from apache to tomcat.

Ok, sorry, I confused your post with another one.

But anyway, your configuration shows a whole lot of proxy modules, many of which do not
seem to have any relation with proxying calls to Tomcat. Such as these :

 >> LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
 >> LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
 >> LoadModule proxy_scgi_module modules/mod_proxy_scgi.so

The following /may/ have a relation with the proxying to Tomcat, but which one are you
really using ?

 >> LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
 >> LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

Usually, people use *either* mod_proxy_http *or* mod_proxy_ajp, so which one is being used

? Can you provide some information about the apache httpd configuration that shows what is

being proxied and how ?

> As you said that there is problem in application code, Is there anything we can point
out where exactly is the problem in the code or configuration?

I thought that Pid already pointed that out.