tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Using mod_jk in cluster environment responds HTTP 500
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:23:57 GMT
rikslovein wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response Chris.
>
> Please find the details given below:
>
> Let me know if you need more information.
>
> Thanks & regards...
>
> Server.xml
> <Connector port="8009" address="localhost"
> enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
>
> workers.properties:
> workers.tomcat_home=/opt/webhost/DWH-Tomcat-Inst/tomcat5.5.23
> workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0

The above 2 properties are obsolete (since a long time).  Remove them.

> ps=/

I think this one too (not sure).

> worker.list=loadbal_hub_prod,jkstatus,hub0,hub1

This is wrong.  If the workers are already balanced (by the loadbal_hub_prod balancer),
then they should not be separately listed in worker.list.
Correct :
worker.list=loadbal_hub_prod,jkstatus

> worker.hub0.port=8009
> worker.hub0.host=localhost
> worker.hub0.type=ajp13
> worker.hub0.lbfactor=1
> worker.hub0.redirect=hub1
>
> worker.hub1.port=9009
> worker.hub1.host=localhost
> worker.hub1.type=ajp13
> worker.hub1.lbfactor=1
> worker.hub1.redirect=hub0
>
> worker.jkstatus.type=status
>
> worker.loadbal_hub_prod.type=lb
> worker.loadbal_hub_prod.balanced_workers=hub0,hub1

The property is "balance_workers", not "balanced_workers".
  worker.loadbal_hub_prod.balance_workers=hub0,hub1

(http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html)